11 February 2011

So What's Your WHY?.....

I believe in life long learning… I know what I know – I know what I don’t know – and best of all… I also know that I don’t know what I don’t know (yes, go back and read that again!)… and this is why I live in this state of anticipation – nothing can be more exciting and energising than that. My eyes and my heart (all senses) are wide open to the amazing opportunities and possibilities that are out there for me and for others. My purpose in life is to make a difference to others – to encourage others to recognise their potential, and to be inspired to embrace it, to be the very best that they can be – in life and in business.

That said… I had the opportunity to spend some time with a vibrant group of people from all over Australia and New Zealand - all part of the 10X family – our business coaching division (www.10x.com.au) at our Super Club in Brisbane last week. During the two days, Paul Dunn spoke to us about the power of WHY and confirmed my belief in validity of Simon Sinek’s theory that people don’t buy what you do or how you do it but rather WHY you do what you do. I recommend a TED.com talk by Simon Sinek – “How great leaders inspire action”. Have a listen. Here is the Video:



Each of us, particularly if we are in business, should spend some time becoming clear on why it is we do what we do… what is the purpose beyond the purpose of our business? If our WHY is big enough we will stay on purpose and we will attract others who align with our WHY – to the point that what we are selling will become secondary to this emotional connection with people at a higher level. Imagine dealing only with clients or customers who get why it is you do what you do – what an amazing space to be in – the perfect space to become even more inspired to see and act on the possibilities and opportunities that are there for you to make a difference.

This is a passion of mine… can you tell??

By the way here is Paul Dunn in action on Youtube



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Judy.
    Your passion for business and life is infectious!
    Paul Dunn and Simon Sinek are certainly inspiring speakers. Simon Sinek's book "Start with Why" is a great follow-up read after you watch his TED.com presentation.

    ReplyDelete