I understand that in your 20's life is usually about having a great time with your mates and spending your money how you want to spend it...the future can wait! However, with a little bit of help and advice you may be able to start setting yourself up for the future and still have money for the things you enjoy.
I was inspired recently when a young, single, 30 year old male came to me for financial advice. He suddenly realised that his twenties are behind him and it's time to "grow up and be financially responsible".
The best thing - he asked for help!
At Sothertons helping others achieve their goals in business and in life is what gets us up in the morning and makes us feel like we have made a difference.
So what can we do for Mr 30-year-old?
* We start with a personal budget and online software to help him monitor his spending and savings. You need to measure to be able to manage.
* We review his current position and look for savings, debt reduction and/or investment opportunities.
* We review his personal insurances - sickness and accident, trauma and life insurance. No-one is invincible and obtaining this type of insurance when you are young can save you a fortune in premiums in the future.
* We can prepare his income tax returns each year and provide him with advice to minimise tax payable/maximize his refund.
* If (or when) he enters into a business venture, we will be there, helping him with all of his business management, accounting and taxation needs.
Don't try to "go it alone" or "put off" your financial future forever. Ask for help now and set yourself up for life. Call Sothertons on 4972 1300 today