The three of us, Judy Reynolds, Steve Marsten and Tina Zawila, along with our peers from all over Australia and New Zealand, are currently on Hamilton Island, practicing what we preach and engaging in personal and professional development (lifetime learning) by attending the Nixon Advantage annual conference.
We believe that the difference between who we are today and who we are tomorrow, is the people we meet, the books we read and the actions we take. So we are here because we are determined to walk the talk, and we have met and heard from some amazing people over the last few days!
We heard from Andrew Sobel, author and leading authority on client relationships. Andrew used an analogy around The Beatles, which evoked emotion and amplified our learning. Andrew identified seven key lessons in innovation, collaboration and loyalty from the Fab Four.
- Create Face Time - spend time with your team and your clients.
- Use Humour to Connect - ease tensions and create emotional connections.
- Evolve Your Songs - treat longstanding clients like new ones and bring the same energy and excitement to your 100th meeting as you did to your 1st.
- Create a Role for Everyone - Integrate each person into the team and let them shine.
- Blend Differences to Create Greatness - bring diverse professionals together, foster collaboration and encourage them to produce the best ideas.
- Share the Credit - Create a one-for-all, all-for-one culture.
- Have Conviction - communicate with belief, passion and conviction.
Take a look at Andrew's web page www.andewsobel.com
We can't wait to get back and share our learnings with our team, our clients and our community.
We look forward, to paying it forward.