05 October 2016

Reach out, connect, create. By Tina Zawila.


One of the ways I like to start my day is to watch a TED talk.   TED is a non profit organization devoted to ”ideas worth spreading”, so you can watch/listen to talks from the world’s most inspired thinkers and curious souls.
Last week I listened to a talk by Courtney Martin, about the “American Dream” and how the way we live in the 21st century is changing.  She talks about intergenerational living and “revolutionary parenting” where people of all ages live together to raise families, share stories and support each other. 
Whilst the talk was focused on family and lifestyle, I did pick up a few gems that I believe are relevant to businesses and entrepreneurs.
I’ve always been a believer that “it takes a tribe to raise a child (not just two parents)” and I also believe, that a great business idea or budding entrepreneur also needs a network of people to grow and develop the idea into an operational business.
As business advisors, supporting and empowering people to achieve in business and life is what gets us out of bed in the morning!  We love to share the passion, excitement, opportunities, and challenges faced by business owners, and offer our professional advice, support and encouragement along their journey.   As a business owner or entrepreneur, you should never feel alone.
In her TED talk, Courtney said “The most reliable wealth is found in relationships” and I couldn’t agree more.  A community that fosters and supports creativity and ingenuity and encourages people to ‘have a go’ is one that I want to live in, and one that I want my children to live in.  We are fortunate here in Gladstone to have access to many networks and resources to support, educate and encourage you to pursue your dreams.
So reach out, connect and create. 
Live a life that is as connected and courageous as possible.
We would love to share your journey in business and life. Call the professional team at Sothertons on 4972 1300 and let’s connect and create together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment